Despite our rocky start leaving, we are home from our annual camping trip to Lake Somerville with my parents. This year was quite a bit different from years past...First of all, camping with a TWO year old is much different from camping with a newborn or a one year old. Second, we got to take along one of Hailee's good friends from school, Ali. Third, Hailee finally had the desire to RIDE A BIKE. Last and most importantly when we got home we thought everything we in good running order...yet this year again we were dead wrong!
We had lots of fun camping, boating, making campfires, cooking out, roasting somores, and riding bikes...but let me tell you camping with a two year old is very different.
All Kyle wanted to do was "ride boat".
So when Jeff and PaPaw left in the mornings to go fishing Kyle would lose it...he just wanted to go. Lucky for us, Dora could be put into the DVD player and we got his mind off wanting to "ride boat" until the men returned. We also occupied our time while the men were going fishing by riding bikes- which Kyle LOVED; playing on the playground or going swimming.-which in less than 10 minutes would put Kyle to sleep.
Hailee's friend from school, Ali got to come along with us this year. This was a special treat for all of us and truly enjoyed have Ali around. Hailee and Ali played very well together and helped keep Kyle entertained! The girls spent many hours riding bikes and swimming. I think they really loved getting to ride the Ski Rocket and jumping off the boat..despite the high winds. We even ventured into Brenham to take the kiddos to the BlueBell Factory. 






I think both girls enjoyed the week...although we could tell Ali really missed all her brother and sisters!
Well, we have a bike pro!! Hailee Shook can ride a bike all by herself. We had to work on starting and stopping but by the second day she was good to go. I have to say I am VERY proud of her.
Once home, Jeff and I inspected everything...we were happy to report no damage or misfortunes happened while we were gone. Our WONDERFUL neighbors, Gene & Rhonda checked on the house and watered the plants while we were gone...although everything was dying anyways from the blazing hot sun. Immediately upon our arrival home, Jeff hopes out of the truck and starts watering...we get Ali off to her family, Hailee and I start to unload...I start the washer (because I had TONS of dirty laundry) and within about 5 minutes of me starting the washer and Jeff outside watering the yard...the water RUNS DRY!!! That's right...NO WATER, NO WATER OUTSIDE OR INSIDE...let me tell you, all I could think about was taking a NICE LONG SHOWER...which at this point wasn't going to happen. So, with the help (again) of our GREAT neighbor, Gene came over to help...Hailee, Kyle and I packed up and went over to the Tuckers to start our showers...Jeff called a well guy and within an hour or two and the PUSH OF ONE BUTTON (Jeff, says he pushed it) and sixty-five dollars later....WE HAVE WATER again...what will it be next year!?!



No comments:
Post a Comment